Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 7 - The Final day of the Girly Challenge



Final day of the challenge and not a day too soon. My daughter was sick of me not looking like me.

All in all it wasn't horrible. I had to put on make-up everyday concealing my minor skin imperfections. Actually, my foundation that I've had for the past 4 years is just about used up. so it'll be a little while before I'm totally made up for more than a day or maybe two when it will then be all gone. So, I have come to have an even better appreciation of the work that  transvestites put into to their craft of crossdressing. Looking pretty takes a lot of work. and walking around in heels all day...not great fun. It was very hard for me (and my cousin who took pity on me and helped me) to find very girlish clothing in my wardrobe. I have a lot of 'Goy' clothing (Goy = girl/boy, word coined by my daughter in a conversation to be quoted later) not so many strictly girl clothing. I have a lot of dark colors. I wear jeans a lot. I like girl adapted mens' clothing like blazers and fedoras. I feel accomplished that I was able to go through with this challenge. I got a lot of positive feedback. A lot of people want me to continue this look, but...it's not me.

I had a little conversation with my daughter (who is nearly 8 years old) on Sunday. As I said earlier, she was happy it was the last day of my challenge. She didn't like that I was changing the way I dressed for anyone. She says I should dress how I normally do. I asked her how was that. She said, 
"Like, kinda boyish, like a boy/girl...a Goy!" LOL. I feel I have taught her well, eh? We should dress how we feel most comfortable and what is natural for each of us individually. I guess the 'Goy' look is for me. What feels best for one person may not be what feels best for another. Just like how some male crossdressers just want to wear female undergarments but with regular male apparel over top and would not feel comfortable in full female clothing. Also how some men feel most comfortable in full female apparel and feel uncomfortable in male apparel. It's about what makes you feel most comfortable and happy. I am also all for dressing so that you look your best. I am generally quite good at concealing my problem areas (my belly), sometimes even I wear clothing that shows my muffin top...I try to keep that to a minimum :) I think, if you're going out at least, you should try to look their best, not wearing clothing 2 sizes too small and all...yeah.

I hope you all enjoyed reading my posts about dressing girly for a week. I have joined a meetup group for crossdressers. I hope to go to an event soon and see if I can find some straight crossdressers to photograph and interview soon so that I will have some more interesting and exciting posts for you to read. Cause...I'm sure it's dull just reading about me.

Have a great day (or night depending on when you're reading this)!!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So will you ever dress girly again just for fun? Does it feel how you imagine it does for guys to dress in drag? Or would it be more like them having to dress 'normal'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do on occasion dress girly just because. I don't see it becoming an everyday thing. I guess if i had a job where i was required to look girly all the time it kinda would be, but that'd be like a uniform to me.

    I think it would be normal comfortable dress for a CD to dress girly often where as it's just not me. i guess i just like to walk the line of masculine & feminine with more emphasis on the masculine knowing that because of my attributes the feminine is always there.

    ReplyDelete